SSC Recruitment for 54953 Constable (GD) & Rifleman 2018
August 14, 2018
Staff Selection Commission – SSC Recruitment for 54953 | Staff Selection Commission published an official notification for Recruitment of GD Constable for 54953 posts. Eligible candidates can apply for this recruitment.
- No. of posts: 54953
- Name of posts:
- BSF: 16984 Posts
- CISF: 200 Posts
- CRPF: 21566 Posts
- SSB: 8546 Posts
- ITBP: 4126 Posts
- AR: 3076 Posts
- NIA: 8 Posts
- SSF: 447 Posts
- Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board / University
- 18 to 23 years
- A candidate must pay an application fee of Rs. 100/- for SSC GD 2018 Exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category are exempted from paying the online application fee. Candidates can pay fee either online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or through offline mode by generating a challan for the same.
SSC GD Constable Selection Process
- The selection of the applicants will be done on the basis of their performance in the :
- Computer Based Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Physical Standard Test
SSC GD Constable 2018 Computer Based Examination
- The Computer-Based Exam will be of 100 marks. The time of 90 minutes will be given to the candidates. There will be four sections in the examination- GK , Reasoning , Mathematics and English/Hindi.
- Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning: 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Part B: General Knowledge and General Awareness: 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Part C: Elementary Mathematics: 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Part D: English / Hindi: 25 Questions & 25 Marks
- Total: 100 Questions & 100 Marks
- Duration: 90 minutes
SSC GD Constable 2018 syllabus for the Written Examination
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- English/Hindi: Candidates‟ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi, his basic comprehension would be tested.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test
- Candidates who are found to eligible on height parameters will undergo physical efficiency test.
- Candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric identification & screening of testimonials and thereon chest and weight measurements by a board.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
- Male candidates: Race 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- Female candidates: 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
- For candidates of Ladakh Region (Race):
- Male: 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- Female: 800 meters in 4 minutes
- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage.
- PET will not be held for Ex-Servicemen. However, they will be required to qualify in the medical examination.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Criteria for Physical Standard Test
- Height: Male – 170 Cms, Female – 157 Cms.
- Chest: General , SC & OBC: 80/ 5 | ST: 76 / 5
- Weight: Proportionate to Height and Age as per Medical Standards.
How to Apply
- Interested and Eligible Candidates can apply online by below mentioned link.
- Application start from: 21/07/2018 28/07/2018 (started 08:00 PM)
- Last date for application: 16/08/2018
- View Notification : Click here